PHP Classes

Burge CMF

Recommend this page to a friend!

Burge CMF  >  All threads  >  Burge CMF  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Burge CMF
Summary:Installation
Author:Joseph Schembri
Date:2016-12-29 14:27:03

1 - 10   11 - 20   21 - 30   31 - 40   41 - 50   51 - 53  

31. Re: Burge CMF   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joseph Schembri Joseph Schembri - 2017-01-01 19:57:11 - In reply to message 30 from Burge Lab
Switched environment and now captcha works.

I am assuming that there can be many users to your CMF
That is why I expected a login page when we go to http://subdomain.mydomain.com.

Also I do not like the idea of having to put admin/login after my website URL. Only I should have this admin feature not a user or group.

Also the login calls for an email but when I use badmin for both email and password it works.

How does one register
I saw change password but is that for the admin or the user.

How to I change email so that contact form sends it to the right email address

I guess these are part of the other changes I mentioned I saw in the install.md file.

32. Re: Burge CMF   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Burge Lab Burge Lab - 2017-01-01 20:06:59 - In reply to message 31 from Joseph Schembri
Please note that we define two types of people:

1) users => who manages the web application
2) customers (or visitors) => who visits the web application, and can't publish new posts, or other management works.

In BurgeCMF, we don't have a CRM, and thus customers can't login, but in BurgeATS, we have a comprehensive CRM and customers can login, send ticket, ... .

If you want to create new users, you need to go to "Users" page in your admin environment, and you can create unlimited users (not customers).

33. Re: Burge CMF   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joseph Schembri Joseph Schembri - 2017-01-01 20:34:57 - In reply to message 32 from Burge Lab
What you state is what I was expecting your CMF to do.

I looked at other CMF such as Joomla, Wordpress as I wanted to establish a customer base where people could register, check registration, such as by double opt-in, need to reply back to ensure valid registration.

I thought your CMF could do this and it looked much easier to use. From what I gather now, your CMF seems to be only for a limited amount of people, say friends who want to share information.

If I cannot establish a customer base then, there is really no revenue creating possibilities.

If I am right, then I will not be able to use your CMF.

Thank you for all your time that you gave me to understand your CMF. Perhaps I may use it someday for personal uses.

Thanks

34. Re: Burge CMF   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joseph Schembri Joseph Schembri - 2017-01-01 20:41:23 - In reply to message 33 from Joseph Schembri
I found BurgeATS at github.com

Could I possibly use this one instead and use all the information you gave me to set up the BurgeATS

I might require some further assistance from you maybe and would appreciate your help

35. Re: Burge CMF   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Burge Lab Burge Lab - 2017-01-01 20:43:59 - In reply to message 34 from Joseph Schembri
Please test it before starting installing.

THere is an online demo:

burge.ir/category-4/BurgeATS

36. Re: Burge CMF   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joseph Schembri Joseph Schembri - 2017-01-01 21:06:06 - In reply to message 35 from Burge Lab
I tried the demo and it looks pretty good.

When a customer Signs Up, is he automatically signed up or is there any verification to ensure they are valid customers, such as sending them an email to verify their sign up

Can I use everything you gave me for CMF for ATS.

I will contact you if I run into any small issues

Thanks

37. Re: Burge CMF   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Burge Lab Burge Lab - 2017-01-01 21:15:23 - In reply to message 36 from Joseph Schembri
When a customer signs up, by default we don't send a verification email, but you may add this feature.

Please note that it's also possible to sign in by Facebook, Google, and Yahoo through OpenID, and you may change this feature for your signup, to be sure that the email is valid.

Every step in installation is similar to BurgeCMF.

If you wanted to develop it, we will be happy to have your new features in ATS by publishing your new features through your Github account.

38. Re: Burge CMF   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joseph Schembri Joseph Schembri - 2017-01-01 21:40:14 - In reply to message 37 from Burge Lab
I also found burgeATS here at phpclasses:

burge-ats-2016-12-30.zip

Is it the same as the one at gitHUB:

BurgeATS-master.zip

The one at gitHUB is a little bigger zip file

39. Re: Burge CMF   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Burge Lab Burge Lab - 2017-01-01 21:43:18 - In reply to message 38 from Joseph Schembri
Yes, PHPClasses removes some files such as fonts.

It's better to use Github version.

Regards,

40. Re: Burge CMF   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Joseph Schembri Joseph Schembri - 2017-01-02 01:16:42 - In reply to message 39 from Burge Lab
It worked and then now for some reason I get database error:

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1146

Table 'schembri_BurgeATS.burge_cmf_hit_counter' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO `burge_cmf_hit_counter` (ht_url,ht_url_md5,ht_year,ht_month) VALUES ( '/' , '6666cd76f96956469e7be39d750cc7d9' , '1395' , '10' ), ( '/#home' , '71005f6a8be197fb39364bd0e8dbdab5' , '1395' , '10' ) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE ht_count = ht_count + 1

Filename: models/Hit_counter_model.php

Line Number: 97

Install.md did not show a hit counter table.
Does one need to be created and how?

1 - 10   11 - 20   21 - 30   31 - 40   41 - 50   51 - 53