PHP Classes

Error coming Apache Server stopped working

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP PDF to Text  >  All threads  >  Error coming Apache Server stopped...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Error coming Apache Server stopped...
Summary:When I tried to parse my CV, it is 5 pages, 639 KB
Author:Shyjo
Date:2017-03-02 03:13:16

1 - 10   11 - 14  

1. Error coming Apache Server stopped...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Shyjo Shyjo - 2017-03-02 03:13:16
When I tried to parse my CV, apache server showed error - Apache server stopped working. The PDF has below features

Pages - 5
Size 639 KB
Created by converting a Word file to PDF, it has Tables in it.

Could you please advice how we can proceed with this ?I can send the PDF file and the DOC used to create pdf if you share your email.

Thanks
Shyjo Mathew

2. Re: Error coming Apache Server stopped...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Christian Vigh Christian Vigh - 2017-03-02 12:19:32 - In reply to message 1 from Shyjo
Of course you can send the PDF file to me, at the following address :

christian.vigh@wuthering-bytes.com

I will be happy to have a look at it and try to see what is going wrong.

I will also need the following information :
- Your PHP version
- The value of the following settings in your PHP.INI file :
. memory_limit
. pcre.backtrack_limit
. pcre.recursion_limit
. max_execution_time

What is really surprising to me is that apparently, it seems to crash your Apache server. Did you inspect the logs ? (if you're running on a Windows platform, you may need to open the Event Viewer and have a look at the Applications log).

3. Replied   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Shyjo Shyjo - 2017-03-02 13:13:53 - In reply to message 2 from Christian Vigh
HI,

replied back to your email with all details you asked, with files. Please look into that.

Thanks, Shyjo Mathew

4. Re: Error coming Apache Server stopped...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Christian Vigh Christian Vigh - 2017-03-02 14:50:06 - In reply to message 3 from Shyjo
Hi, I did not receive your email at :

christian.vigh@wuthering-bytes.com

Can you try again with this other address :

christian.vigh@orange.fr

Thanks,
Christian.

5. Re: Error coming Apache Server stopped...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Shyjo Shyjo - 2017-03-03 01:40:51 - In reply to message 4 from Christian Vigh
Hi, i sent the email once again. Please have a look

6. Re: Error coming Apache Server stopped...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Christian Vigh Christian Vigh - 2017-03-03 11:29:30 - In reply to message 5 from Shyjo
Hello Mathew,

thanks, I received all your files !

I have seen no reason why your Apache server crashes. In the PHP log, the only message generated by my class is a warning from the hex2bin() function.

I have corrected that with version 1.4.3. Please let me know if it works.

I have also noticed that big blocks of text were missing from the output of file sample1.pdf. This is a separate issue, and I have added that to my to-do list.

Please feel free to contact me if your server still crashes, or if you have any other question or issue.

With kind regards,
Christian.

7. Re: Error coming Apache Server stopped...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Shyjo Shyjo - 2017-03-03 13:08:33 - In reply to message 6 from Christian Vigh
Hi Christian,

thanks for your prompt message. I could see a message about updated class. I will download and use it again. I hope you have noted the issue with missing text blocks from the PDF file. I will try once again from my side. Also looking for a fix to that missing issue.

thanks
Shyjo Mathew

8. Re: Error coming Apache Server stopped...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Shyjo Shyjo - 2017-03-05 09:33:37 - In reply to message 7 from Shyjo
Hi Christian, I found some small issues/errors, just emailed. Thanks

9. Re: Error coming Apache Server stopped...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Christian Vigh Christian Vigh - 2017-03-05 10:36:17 - In reply to message 8 from Shyjo
Hello Mathew,

I received your files and I really thank you for this quick feedback.

Regarding sample3.pdf and sample6.pdf ("Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: PdfTexterFont::$WinAnsiCharacterMap"), this is a bug introduced by version 1.4.5. I just published version 1.4.6, which fixes the problem.

sample1.pdf and sample4.pdf (not all text extracted) : As I said, I noted that in my issue list, but you will have to be a little bit patient...

sample2.pdf ("PDF object extraction : backtrack limit reached (you may have to modify the pcre.backtrack_limit setting of your PHP.ini file, which is currently set to 1000000).") : try to set the pcre.backtrack_limit setting in your PHP.INI file to 3000000. This should solve the problem (don't forget to restart the server after modifying this value).

sample5.pdf ("An Apache error") : Everything works fine on my side, no warning, no error. However, I noticed the following setting in your PHP.INI file :

upload_max_filesize=2M

Maybe you should set it to a greater value (don't forget to modify the post_max_size setting accordingly, so that it is still greater than upload_max_filesize).

If it still does not work, do the following :
1) Note your system date/time before trying again
2) Try again
3) Send me your apache and php logs after this testing

Christian.

10. Re: Error coming Apache Server stopped...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Shyjo Shyjo - 2017-03-05 12:32:59 - In reply to message 9 from Christian Vigh
Dear Christian,

Thank you so much for the updates.

Regarding sample3 - it worked with latest version. Thanks again!

Sample 3 - Fixed with config change,

Sample 1 and sample 4, Happpppy to wait for you...

Sample 5 - Still I get the same issue, just emailed the screen shot of error, apache and php error logs.

I tested one more pdf, it is missing it head portion, I attached that too.

Thanks
Shyjo Mathew.

1 - 10   11 - 14