PHP Classes

This is a handy package and has many, many uses.

Recommend this page to a friend!

Xaja Notifier  >  All threads  >  This is a handy package and has...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:This is a handy package and has...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Terry Woody
Date:2016-01-14 16:12:02

Terry Woody rated this package as follows:

Utility: Good
Consistency: Good
Documentation: Good
Examples: Good

1. This is a handy package and has...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Terry Woody Terry Woody - 2016-01-14 16:12:02
This is a handy package and has many, many uses. Think it would be outstanding if there was more documentation. Going to attempt to use in classroom software project and bet kids will find it fun challenge.

2. Re: This is a handy package and has...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ettore Moretti Ettore Moretti - 2016-01-14 17:36:12 - In reply to message 1 from Terry Woody
Thanks Terry,
I am pleased that my work will be useful to someone.
Indeed, the documentation is not complete and does not clarify the full functioning of the class.
The argument being very large, it does not help (you could easily write a book).
But it is my intention to write in the future valid documentation.

Thank you for the rating
Ettore

3. Re: This is a handy package and has...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Terry Woody Terry Woody - 2016-01-14 17:49:50 - In reply to message 2 from Ettore Moretti
Trust me, I am grateful you shared the class. Was not attempting to be ungrateful at all...

If I come to fully understand this class and get it working, maybe I can contribute some documentation.

I am far from a guru but learning is what it is all about.

4. Re: This is a handy package and has...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ettore Moretti Ettore Moretti - 2016-01-14 20:20:55 - In reply to message 3 from Terry Woody
I would be really happy and appreciate it a contribution to the writing of documentation.
I would be even happier at the thought of having helped someone.

5. Re: This is a handy package and has...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Terry Woody Terry Woody - 2016-04-13 17:02:28 - In reply to message 1 from Terry Woody
I finally got around to exploring the package little more in-depth. Really like but few issues experienced using on live server.

1) Having lots of trouble with:

No Access-Control-Allow-Origin header is present on the requested resource. Origin is therefore not allowed access

Easy enough to solve, but maybe some tips would help on using.

2) Resource usage:

Tried on one of my shared accounts and without hour got notice of "Excessive resource usage"...

Resource: Process Time
Exceeded: 1850 > 1800 (seconds)
Executable: /usr/bin/php
Command Line: /usr/bin/php /home/skooldump/public_html/push/HttpLongPoll.php
PID: 29142 (Parent PID:29532)
Killed: No

Then tried a copy on one of my VPS boxes so could monitor. Sure enough, server started showing I was using resources beyond permissions.

What is best way to tweak so does not cause "Excessive resource usage"?

Thanks and again, really nice class.