PHP Classes

olx scraper

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP OLX Classifieds Scraper  >  All threads  >  olx scraper  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:olx scraper
Summary:i have download your code for olx scraper but not working.
Author:Adeel younas
Date:2013-08-20 11:17:25
Update:2013-08-23 08:38:33

1. olx scraper   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Adeel younas Adeel younas - 2013-08-20 11:17:25
i have download your code for olx scraper but not working. Can you guide me?
Thanks

2. Re: olx scraper   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rizwan Abbas Rizwan Abbas - 2013-08-22 05:53:10 - In reply to message 1 from Adeel younas
Adeel!

any exception coming?
or
is CURL activated?

3. Re: olx scraper   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rizwan Abbas Rizwan Abbas - 2013-08-23 08:38:33 - In reply to message 1 from Adeel younas
Is your problem solved or not. Let me know if you need any help to get this done.

4. Re: olx scraper   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Muhammad Moneeb Muhammad Moneeb - 2014-09-21 13:55:18 - In reply to message 1 from Adeel younas
OLX Scraper Not working
Showing blank screen ..i am running it on WAMP Pasted given files in directory and ran example.php through localhost and it is showing blank page

5. Re: olx scraper   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rizwan Abbas Rizwan Abbas - 2014-09-21 17:58:56 - In reply to message 4 from Muhammad Moneeb
Muneeb please turn on error reporting and then refresh the page. Send me screen shot of the error you are getting. Also check if curl is turned on. Somethime it breaks if olx changes it design.

6. Re: olx scraper   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jyothi Gudavalli Jyothi Gudavalli - 2015-04-28 16:28:04 - In reply to message 5 from Rizwan Abbas
I tried to run the example.php on my mac localhost using apache2 and MAMP. for both I see a blank page. Can you help please?
How do I turn on the error in your code?

7. Re: olx scraper   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rizwan Abbas Rizwan Abbas - 2015-04-29 15:02:04 - In reply to message 6 from Jyothi Gudavalli
I updated the code you can try now.

8. Re: olx scraper   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jyothi Gudavalli Jyothi Gudavalli - 2015-04-29 21:30:24 - In reply to message 7 from Rizwan Abbas
Hello Rizwan,
Thank you for the prompt reply. I downloaded your latest code and it still has some bugs. In the example.php, the below functions are not seen any where in the code:

addHomeFeatured(); (line 20)
getProductByUrl($url) (line 31)

and initially there was a parse error in scraper.php.
Can you help?

Regards,
Jyothi

9. Re: olx scraper   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jyothi Gudavalli Jyothi Gudavalli - 2015-05-03 15:13:26 - In reply to message 8 from Jyothi Gudavalli
Hello Rizwan,
Thank you. I was able to run the code now. Following your code, I was trying to scrape an Indonesian link. However, it looks impossible to me to get the phone number from this link.
I am using a Jython "click" code, but no luck. Do you have any idea how to get the phone number from this url:

olx.co.id/iklan/jasa-pindahan-murah ...

I tried the code at below url with no luck:

blog.databigbang.com/web-scraping-a ...

Any ideas are appreciated.
Regards,
Jyothi

10. Re: olx scraper   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rizwan Abbas Rizwan Abbas - 2015-05-04 13:32:22 - In reply to message 9 from Jyothi Gudavalli
Hi Jyothi,

I have checked the url you mentioned. This class is scraping the numbers which are not hidden. But in your case phone number is hidden and retrieved using ajax.

here is the ajax or curl request for your url.

olx.co.id/?act=get-phone&extra%5Bco ...

If you want me to do this for you I can you can contact me at rizwanaabbas@gmail.com