PHP Classes

Usage analysis

Recommend this page to a friend!

dbQuery - ADO for PHP  >  All threads  >  Usage analysis  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Usage analysis
Summary:Excellent class for PHP
Author:Darren Conyard
Date:2012-12-03 15:24:34
Update:2013-01-02 11:17:00

1. Usage analysis   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Darren Conyard Darren Conyard - 2012-12-03 15:24:34
Before using this class, I have been using mysqli_connect to connect to databases and this was an excellent introduction into ADO (ActiveX Data Objects used mostly for asp.net) for PHP using PDO (PHP Data Objects).

There are two points worthy of note especially for beginners like me that try this class. The first is that the testingMachineName will default to uppercase, if you are planning to test on your localhost then you must ensure the value that you enter for this variable is uppercase or it will use the online db database credentials.

The second point is that in the example given by Laurens, the test that is used in order to test the executeScalar function uses the function addParamOfTypeString when this should be setParamOfTypeString.

Thanks for the class Laurens

2. Re: Usage analysis   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Laurens Ramandt Laurens Ramandt - 2012-12-17 13:02:07 - In reply to message 1 from Darren Conyard
Hello Darren

Thank you for your enthusiasm about this class, as well as your hints about making it more user friendly.
I have updated the old method names in comments and the testing machine name parameter is now case insensitive.

Kind regards
Laurens Ramandt

3. Re: Usage analysis   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Darren Conyard Darren Conyard - 2013-01-02 11:17:00 - In reply to message 2 from Laurens Ramandt
Hi Laurens,

Sorry about the late reply, thanks for tweaking the older method.

Best Regards

Darren Conyard