PHP Classes

Who can use this package, because the receiver of the sms hav...

Recommend this page to a friend!

Email 2 SMS  >  All threads  >  Who can use this package, because...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Who can use this package, because...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:isicom
Date:2009-10-16 13:38:25
Update:2012-08-12 12:41:13

isicom rated this package as follows:

Utility: Insufficient
Consistency: Good
Documentation: Sufficient
Examples: Sufficient

1. Who can use this package, because...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of isicom isicom - 2009-10-16 13:38:25
Who can use this package, because the receiver of the sms have to pay money for receiving sms to the telephone companies.

2. Re: Who can use this package, because...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Utsav Handa Utsav Handa - 2009-10-18 05:14:58 - In reply to message 1 from isicom
Hello,

Thank you for your comments.

While testing the package may be you have read the README file notes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Notes
-------
* Activation
Some networks require activation to allow this service.

* Charges
Most networks provide this service completely free, but some do not. It is advisable to check
with your own provider to check this out before using the service heavily. In most cases the cost
of the message is covered by standard texting plans (e.g. free texts). Note however that it is the
receiver that will pay any associated charges - hence the reason for activation above.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, in some countries, the Email2SMS gateways are still working and are free of charge. Like in India,
we have "Andhra Pradesh Airtel" which still provides this service.

This package is implemented with vision of being helpful to someone.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Utsav

3. Re: Who can use this package, because...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pete Clark Pete Clark - 2012-08-12 12:41:13 - In reply to message 2 from Utsav Handa
In answer to the question "Who can use it", it can be used by advertisers who want to received enquiries.

Many countries already have Freephone (or cheap calls) where an advertiser will pay to received enquiries, and this is the same.

I am considering trying this out, where I have advertisers who would be pleased to receive a message telling them someone is interested in their product, and will be happy to pay for that information, and then call the enquirer back.

Although, I haven't tried it, I live in Spain, where telecommunications is very bad - so we will have to see...