PHP Classes

Bug for filename with quotation mark

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP MIME Email Message Parser  >  All threads  >  Bug for filename with quotation mark  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Bug for filename with quotation mark
Summary:Escaped quotation mark is not honored
Author:abc def
Date:2022-01-13 00:14:03

1. Bug for filename with quotation mark   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of abc def abc def - 2022-01-13 00:14:03
I do not receive a proper FileName for attached files with quotation marks.

I am pretty sure, it is one of these lines (but it's in the middle of the night)

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; name="a\"b.txt"
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="a\"b.txt"

The parser returns the FileName a\

2. Re: Bug for filename with quotation mark   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2022-01-13 03:12:50 - In reply to message 1 from abc def
Hello,

Thank you for reporting. I need more time to take a look at this.

Can you wait until the weekend so I can try to reproduce the problem?

3. Re: Bug for filename with quotation mark   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of abc def abc def - 2022-01-13 20:35:46 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
You don't need to hurry for me. I discovered this bug by accident. It doesn't break anything, here. But I thought it would be fair to spend the time reporting (and doing a superficial analysis). Thanks for all the work you've already put into this project.

4. Re: Bug for filename with quotation mark   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2022-01-14 01:10:16 - In reply to message 3 from abc def
Sure. At least I will get back to you on this after the weekend.

5. Re: Bug for filename with quotation mark   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2022-01-17 07:49:00 - In reply to message 3 from abc def
Hello,

I just found the bug and fixed it. I also have updated the site with the latest version.

Can you please try the package and let me know if it works well for you now?

6. Re: Bug for filename with quotation mark   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of abc def abc def - 2022-01-18 09:08:02 - In reply to message 5 from Manuel Lemos
Looking at expect/quotedfilename.txt, I would expect a decoded a"b.txt, with the backslash removed. I don't know the RFC, but this is how Thunderbird encodes the filename. Actual backslashes in the filename would then be encodes as double backslashes. As I said, I don't know the RFC, but I know the logic this way: If there is a backslash, take the following character as literal this character. So, the encoded filename a\\b\"c\de.txt would be decoded as a\b"cde.txt

7. Re: Bug for filename with quotation mark   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2022-01-20 02:10:18 - In reply to message 6 from abc def
Yes, you are correct of course. Please allow me a few more days so I can fix that over the weekend.

8. Re: Bug for filename with quotation mark   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2022-01-23 08:20:57 - In reply to message 6 from abc def
Hello,

I just found and fixed the issue. Now the MIME parser class should be able to remove the escaping backslashes.

I also updated the version of the package that is in the site.

Can you please try it and let me know if it works for you now?