PHP Classes

Porting to MS-SQL

Recommend this page to a friend!

phpMyDataGrid - AJAX Enabled Datagrid  >  All threads  >  Porting to MS-SQL  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Porting to MS-SQL
Summary:I have it working...except for Ajax updates
Author:Paul Cali
Date:2006-10-31 22:00:21
Update:2008-03-20 21:03:35

1. Porting to MS-SQL   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Paul Cali Paul Cali - 2006-10-31 22:00:21
First off.....This class is fantastic!! It is giving me so many new ideas for my application.

First though, I had to convert it to work with MS-SQL. I was able to get it working quickly by changing all the mysql- calls to mssql- calls. The only thing that does not work is the pagination (there is no LIMIT command in MS-SQL). I simply eliminated it for now. The grid can only be displayed on one page.

The only thing I cannot get to work is the Ajax updates. It works fine on my local PHP/MySQL installation, but on my server that runs PHP/MS-SQL it does not. No errors come up, the screen updates correctly (it even changes the color of the text in the field where I make a change), but the database is not updated.

Do you have ANY idea on why ajax might not work with the MS-SQL database? I even tried pointing my local web server at the MS-SQL databae to see if it was a setting in my IIS server.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Again...Many thanks for this wonderful class.

Paul

2. Re: Porting to MS-SQL   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Gustavo Arcila Gustavo Arcila - 2006-10-31 22:42:05 - In reply to message 1 from Paul Cali
Hi paul,

Sorry but i cant help you because I know MS SQL just by its name but never seen it in action the only thing i thing you can do is in edition (and just while debugging) replace the ajaxloader call by a window.open, so you can check in a new window for any possible responses and you could check the generated HTML code also.

Regards, and hope you find the error.

Gustavo

3. Re: Porting to MS-SQL   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Paul Cali Paul Cali - 2006-11-02 17:50:07 - In reply to message 2 from Gustavo Arcila
Thanks for tip. I found the problem. The UPDATE sql statement had a LIMIT command in it as well. I removed it and it is working fine.

Now...I have another question (if you have time).

I want to use the class to allow editing of multiple tables on the screen at one time. I am having a problem because of the DIV ID being statically set to ajaxDHTMLDiv. I am trying to get around this by allowing the ability to specify the DIV ID value prior to calling the "grid" function. It displays the data correctly in the two tables on the screen, but when I try to edit something in the first table, it is only picking up the FormatColumns options for the second table. I am thinking that there are some more static ID tags for editing.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul

4. Re: Porting to MS-SQL   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Gregorio Godoy Gregorio Godoy - 2008-03-20 21:03:35 - In reply to message 3 from Paul Cali
Hi PAUL, CAN YOU UPLOAD THE DATAGRID WITH THE MSSQL TRANSLATION! THANKS A LOT!