PHP Classes

GMail not responding

Recommend this page to a friend!

Receive Mail  >  All threads  >  GMail not responding  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:GMail not responding
Summary:Connection with GMail server not possible
Author:David Halliday
Date:2009-10-10 03:50:03
Update:2014-06-27 05:08:16

1. GMail not responding   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of David Halliday David Halliday - 2009-10-10 03:50:03
Hello,
This class works except with gmail.

I wonder if there is a way to make it connect with their servers?

Thank you

2. Re: GMail not responding   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of mitul koradia mitul koradia - 2009-10-12 04:54:20 - In reply to message 1 from David Halliday
Hi

If you want to connect to the GMAIL you have to first enable POP access from gmail control panel and then configure class parameter as per the below example..

$obj= new receiveMail('xyz@gmail.com','xxxxx','xyz@gmail.com','pop.gmail.com','POP3','995',true);

POP access in gmail is accesible via SSL only and it require 995 as POP port.

Hope this will help you

Regards
Mitul

3. Re: GMail not responding   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Scott Abraham Scott Abraham - 2013-05-16 17:45:26 - In reply to message 2 from mitul koradia
I have it setup that way, and still no response. I can switch it to a non-gmail account and it works fine.

I am using business gmail. I can set the address up in a mail client as a pop and it works.

$obj= new receiveMail('user@mydomain.com','password','user@mydomain.com','pop.gmail.com','POP3','995',true);

4. Re: GMail not responding   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Iam Amazing Iam Amazing - 2014-06-27 00:19:44 - In reply to message 3 from Scott Abraham
Replace the 'if' statement of the constructor by this line :

$strConnect='{'.$mailserver.':'.$port. '/'.$servertype.''.($ssl ? "/ssl" : "").'}INBOX';

5. Re: GMail not responding   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of mitul koradia mitul koradia - 2014-06-27 05:08:16 - In reply to message 4 from Iam Amazing
Thanks..

I will test the change and update with your credit. Can you tell me what is the impact of this change?