PHP Classes

Not the most secure way of doing things possible, but provide...

Recommend this page to a friend!

Secure Session  >  All threads  >  Not the most secure way of doing...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Not the most secure way of doing...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:troy knapp
Date:2011-02-01 20:31:17
Update:2011-02-02 13:05:01

troy knapp rated this package as follows:

Utility: Good
Consistency: Sufficient
Examples: Good

1. Not the most secure way of doing...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of troy knapp troy knapp - 2011-02-01 20:31:17
Not the most secure way of doing things possible, but provides an easy to implement, and easy to hack solution to get provide a limited amount of security.

2. Re: Not the most secure way of doing...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Masees Skenderian Masees Skenderian - 2011-02-02 03:33:22 - In reply to message 1 from troy knapp
Why is this not the most secure way?

3. Re: Not the most secure way of doing...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of troy knapp troy knapp - 2011-02-02 03:38:56 - In reply to message 2 from Masees Skenderian
SSL is a better solution, but costs $$$. Even if you can reliably confirm the identity of your client on the other end of the connection, you are still vulnerable to packet sniffing etc.

4. Re: Not the most secure way of doing...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Masees Skenderian Masees Skenderian - 2011-02-02 10:01:12 - In reply to message 3 from troy knapp
Ohhh i totally agree, i thought you meant there is something wrong with the coding.

5. Re: Not the most secure way of doing...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of troy knapp troy knapp - 2011-02-02 13:05:01 - In reply to message 4 from Masees Skenderian
No, nothing wrong with the coding. By saying it was easy to hack, I MEANT to say that the code was simple and you could change it easily for your own purposes and incorporate it into a larger security solution.

This script could be beat by an attacker that can spoof their IP address, and knows how to use cURL. It would probably be fine for a message board, for example, but I'd implement a deeper solution for more critical info.