PHP Classes

Mozilla only?

Recommend this page to a friend!

Wizard  >  All threads  >  Mozilla only?  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Mozilla only?
Summary:Just trying the class - errors in MSIE
Author:rob webster
Date:2005-03-31 12:27:42
Update:2005-04-04 06:15:31

1. Mozilla only?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of rob webster rob webster - 2005-03-31 12:27:43
Installed latest version, files in correct directories (include & images) but when I try test_wiz.php (using MSIE6) I get the errors below (shown sorted with duplicates removed).

I'm running locally using easyphp on my PC

I also tried on my commercial webspace and got "Expected identifier, string or number" errors at lines 670, 680, 690, 725 in test_wiz, apart from that it was part working but not calendar popup and name8 name9 select boxes

On commercial webspace it worked OK when using Mozilla.

Errors running local webserver:
Notice: Undefined index: caption in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1402
Notice: Undefined index: caption in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1410
Notice: Undefined index: caption in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1443
Notice: Undefined index: code in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 175
Notice: Undefined index: extra in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 373
Notice: Undefined index: id1 in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1414
Notice: Undefined index: style in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1005
Notice: Undefined index: style in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 987
Notice: Undefined index: tooltip in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1161
Notice: Undefined index: tooltip_title in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1163
Notice: Undefined index: typesummary_label in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1418
Notice: Undefined index: varname1 in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1417
Notice: Undefined index: varname3 in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1175
Notice: Undefined index: varname3 in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1417
Notice: Undefined index: varname3 in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 380
Notice: Undefined variable: allowweekends in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 681
Notice: Undefined variable: dlist in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1285
Notice: Undefined variable: pos in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 391
Notice: Undefined variable: pos in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 398
Notice: Undefined variable: r in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 1014
Notice: Undefined variable: r in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 465
Notice: Undefined variable: r in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 517
Notice: Undefined variable: r in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 564
Notice: Undefined variable: r in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 597
Notice: Undefined variable: r in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 643
Notice: Undefined variable: r in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 815
Notice: Undefined variable: r in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 893
Notice: Undefined variable: r in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 948
Notice: Undefined variable: r in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 998
Notice: Undefined variable: s_msg in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 795
Notice: Undefined variable: size_down_msg in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 506
Notice: Undefined variable: size_up_msg in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 502
Notice: Undefined variable: stepnum in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 391
Notice: Undefined variable: stepnum in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 397
Notice: Undefined variable: tip in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 944
Notice: Undefined variable: wizard_body_height in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\formwizard\include\wizard.php on line 22

2. Re: Mozilla only?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dave Dave - 2005-04-04 06:15:31 - In reply to message 1 from rob webster
Hiya

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you.

The problem you are experiencing here has nothing to do with the browser that connects to the web server: the errors are php notice errors, which you can remove by changing the error logging level on your web server that is running the php extension.

The origin of the messages is as follows: When working with a scripted language like php or asp which is quite loose when it comes to definitions, you can test for the existence of variables at every turn, or you can accept that an empty string will be returned for variables that aren't defined. Whilst I try to stick to stricter code that does not reference variables that do not exist, I don't always get it right! I think (since I've made some modifications to the wizard class since the time of your post, and I'm not 100% sure of the lines being mentioned) that the code referred to in the notices is that where the information provided for an input is stored in the wizard class. The notices are not fatal, and, should you turn your logging facility down, they should go away, and not impede performance at all.

Hope this helps.