PHP Classes

Sample does not work.

Recommend this page to a friend!

My PDF to Text  >  All threads  >  Sample does not work.  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Sample does not work.
Summary:Get "No File Specified" or just binary data
Author:Richard Ordahl
Date:2024-02-25 17:36:53

1. Sample does not work.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Richard Ordahl Richard Ordahl - 2024-02-25 17:36:53
I have tried several times with different PDFs and most of the time I get "No file Specified" and nor results. One PDF I tried did come back with results but it was all binary data.

I am working on a webpage and i could really use this class. Please help.

Rich Ordahl
ordahlr@gmail.com

2. Re: Sample does not work.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of The Algoslingers The Algoslingers - 2024-02-25 18:25:01 - In reply to message 1 from Richard Ordahl
Can you please let me know which sample file you used? (filename from the package). Or you can send me your code to review(recommended).

You may also check:
* Path to file to save new txt file to is correct

3. Re: Sample does not work.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of The Algoslingers The Algoslingers - 2024-02-25 22:27:36 - In reply to message 1 from Richard Ordahl
I have recently rechecked the package but found it's working correctly.
Please if you edited the code before hosting, kindly let me know.

4. Re: Sample does not work.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Richard Ordahl Richard Ordahl - 2024-02-28 19:33:18 - In reply to message 3 from The Algoslingers
I was using your code as downloaded and I made no changes to the code.
I executed it under Apache Netbeans with RUN. I have also run under DEBUG and traced it thru and watched the variables. In the case where I get "No File Specified" the debug flow went through the whole file but the output file was blank.

I just ran it again on a PDF generated by Adobe and it worked. The other PDFs that I was using were PDFs created via an HP Printer scan to PDF function. Apparently, the scan function created binary scan data and not actual text but Adobe was able to display text from the scan data.

I apologize, the problem appears to by my problem, I did not think that it would make a difference until I looked at both under Notepad++.

So Sorry.

Rich Ordahl

5. Re: Sample does not work.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of The Algoslingers The Algoslingers - 2024-02-29 07:27:31 - In reply to message 4 from Richard Ordahl
Okay. That's cool
Thanks for using the package.